View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #27
38 coupe

Default Re: COLUMBIA with 3.78 gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennpm View Post
Chart is interesting! Can you attach the spreadsheet file instead of the image?

Thanks,
Glenn
Maybe! The image I posted is actually part of one tab on a larger spreadsheet. I originally created the spreadsheet to help me decide what main and auxiliary transmissions to run in my 1950 F-2 pickup. I added tabs for the Ford cars when my dad added a 46 tudor to his fleet and we wanted to decide what type of overdrive to install in his car (I like the 26% Mitchell with the 3.54 axle). Adding to the complications is I run Xubuntu (a version of Linux) on my home computer and the spreadsheet file type doesn't play nice with this website. I have tried to pull out just the two Early V8 related tabs out, convert them to older Excel .xls file types, and then compress them into a .zip file that this website will allow as an attachment. I have no idea if the resulting file will be usable once it is downloaded and uncompressed. I expect at the least the formatting will be different.

Kahuna, if the attached file doesn't work for you then you can do a little math with my previously posted table. Take the RPM and multiply:
With a 25 inch tall tire multiply the rpm by 1.120
With a 26 inch tall tire multiply the rpm by 1.077
With a 27 inch tall tire multiply the rpm by 1.037
With a 28 inch tall tire the chart is accurate
With a 29 inch tall tire multiply the rpm by 0.966
With a 30 inch tall tire multiply the rpm by 0.933
With a 31 inch tall tire multiply the rpm by 0.903

JSeery, true the math isn't too difficult, I just like the table with color bands for comparing options.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Early Ford Spreadsheet.zip (87.9 KB, 30 views)
38 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote