View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 05:23 AM   #19
Forddan

Default Re: Collector Car Insurance

My Hagerty contract, for my 1929 Tudor, that I believe is standard as I didn't request anything special says :

COVERAGE IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTINUED COMPLIANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS, UNLESS HAGERTY OR THE COMPANY AGREES OTHERWISE:

STORAGE While not in use, my vehicle(s) will be kept at its principal storage address in a solidly constructed, completely enclosed and locked structure (unless Hagerty or the Company agrees otherwise).

USE

1. My vehicle(s) will be used on a limited basis consistent with the operation of a collectible vehicle such as occasional pleasure drives and club / hobby activities.

2. My vehicle(s) will not be used frequently for regular driving such as driving to and from work or school, shopping, errands, general transportation or back-up use.
-‐--------------------------------'
The wording : Pleasure drives and hobby activities are broad. A country side drive, that you do occasionally in the year fits there. A hobby activity can be drive the car "occasionally " on an interstate tour, etc etc.

But I can not go to buy my coffee every day with the Tudor. That is clear, as it is not more occasional.

I feel comfortable with those conditions.

Last edited by Forddan; 06-19-2019 at 05:39 AM.
Forddan is offline   Reply With Quote