View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 07:54 AM   #7
77Birdman

Default Re: Collector Car Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
I had Grundy for several years, until someone mentioned some of their restrictions on how you drive your Model A. So I called Grundy directly, and asked to speak to someone about my policy and any restrictions I might have. I told them I am retired, but like to drive my Model A several times a week, that I usually drive it to the Post Office, grocery store, and other routine errands, but not long distances. I was then told their coverage is designed for folks only driving their cars occasionally and not routinely as I was doing. They were very clear on that, and suggested with my driving habits I should look elsewhere for coverage. I had no other problem with Grundy and know many are very happy with them....I am just relaying what I was told about my driving, and they reiterated only for occasional, not repetitive use....and I told them again it wasn’t for driving to work...I was retired....they understood that. So I decided to go with AAA, who have no restrictions, other than not for driving to work....
That's surprising. I have Grundy on my car (77 trans am) and the price for agreed value is very cheap in my mind. I pay less than $200 for $30k coverage. I specifically asked (called and talked to them) about misc. use, and their response was that 'they encourage people to drive their cars'. Some of the examples I used were ice cream runs, driving the country side because it was a nice day, etc. They had no problem at all. Some of the coverages I saw said the car should be used for antique car events only. Maybe you were too specific about going to the grocery store and such.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote