View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #17
Old Henry

Default Re: Fuel with ethanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidevalve8ba View Post
After going to the Top Tier website and listening to their explanation of what Top Tier is it seems to me that it is geared toward electronic fuel injected cars. Am I right or wrong on this?
That is not my impression. The effect of the fuel on fuel injectors is just one of 5 standards that must be met. All standards combined are for this purpose quoted from their web site: "Currently, many gasoline retailers provide fuels with lower-quality additive packages that can build up deposits on fuel injectors and on intake valves. Others can build up deposits in combustion chambers and may lead to intake valve sticking. These lower levels of additives can have negative impacts on engine performance and vehicle responsiveness. . . . TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline help drivers avoid lower quality gasoline which can leave deposits on critical engine parts, which reduces engine performance. That's something both drivers and automakers want to avoid."

That's why I buy it.

Last edited by Old Henry; 06-02-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old Henry is offline   Reply With Quote