Thread: Transportation
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #15
gz

Default Re: Transportation

Go with either Passport Transport, Intercity or one of the larger companies that use enclosed semi-trucks with lift gates. You'll pay a bit more but will get reliable service, responsible drivers, top notch equipment, driver's experienced with vintage cars (I have had truckers show up that did not know how to operate a manual transmission!!!), proper loading and tie down (an important when it comes to early cars or unusual cars) tracking, and, most importantly, recourse if something should go wrong. I ship a lot of cars and always recommend that my buyers spend a bit more and go with the tried and true companies. Like everything else in life, when it comes to transportation, you get what you pay for. Look at it this way, you're spending several thousands (if not a lot more!) on a car that is important to you, why argue about a couple of hundred dollars when it comes to shipping?? Usually the price difference between the big carriers and the small ones is only about 10-20% in the long run.

Last edited by gz; 07-18-2013 at 10:56 AM.
gz is offline   Reply With Quote