View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 06:32 AM   #27
Ramblin Reck

Default Re: My 1939 Foed Deluxe Vert w/Rumble Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwoodieman View Post
on front wheel you need to remove seal and the bearing will come out--use a wooden dowel and use it to knock seal/bearing out by putting in from front and use a small hammer to drive out the bearing/seal on the back. rear wheel is a little harder, there is a lock ring that must be removed then the seal and then the bearing will slide out
Thanks! I have done this with trailer tires in the past so shouldn't be a problem. I reckon if the races are pitted, they would need to be replaced but I haven't gotten that far yet and do not expect it as they are not dunked in the salt water like a trailer. Found out that the seals will probably be destroyed in removing them. There is a tool sold just for the purpose of taking them out. About $9.00 at O'Reilly and you use your own 3/8" drive handle. Makes the job much easier.

Back to the lock ring which appears to be in the form of a "C". How is that removed from the rear wheel???? GOT THIS RING OUT WITH FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVERS AND NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS! This ring is commonly called a "C" Snap ring but it appears to have the ears broken off which makes it easy to remove with a special set of pliers. I have forgotten that step! I REMEMBERED! Thanks again

Last edited by Ramblin Reck; 07-27-2021 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Gotterdone!
Ramblin Reck is offline   Reply With Quote