Thread: N.O.S. Engine
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 11:18 PM   #22
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: N.O.S. Engine

My story is 'close' to NOS. The 42 Merc engine that I bought last year was shipped overseas in WWII, probably ran next to no time, put back in a crate a shipped home. It is STD bore and shows absolutely no wear in it - probably ran a few hours and that was about it.

The guy I bought it from (last year) had bought some in the original WWII crates - all assembled. It was a 'war engine' - had dual belt water pumps, dual crank pulley, etc.. Also, it has a special oiling system - where there are two ports on the bell-housing . . . and a special brass fitting that forced the oil out of the main pump galley, out of the block, to a filter/cooler, then back into the block.

Anyway, this 1942 'keystone' Merc block/engine is a real find for me! I only wish he had a bunch of them, would be really cool to have/sell to folks who need them. I've been into flatheads for many years . . . always wanted to find a raised intake surface Merc keystone block - just never acquired one in the last 35 years until now. (They are pre-59 series . . . only 41 and 42 vintage - probably not too many made).

This is the motor that is the basis for the 'FlatCab' that I'm building -> 1932 Cabriolet, built as a pre-War hotrod . . . hence the 1942 Merc engine.

If anybody needs details about some of these engines, just ping me . .

B&S
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)