View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 07:32 PM   #5
cvicky

Default Re: manual three spd trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
Ford Motor Co has a unique numbering system for parts that has evolved some but is still patterened along the same lines as it was back in the model A era. I'm not sure about the origins of the prefix AB. Ford used it a bit at the beginning of production of the 1932 model year but there was a change in the late 40s & early 50s where they were beginning to transition to a new prefix system. Now the four digit number sequence doesn't match with anything in the transmission line that I'm aware of since most transmission related part number sequences are in the 7000 range. Transmission cases would generally have a sequence like 7001 or 7002. The 1222 sequence is clear down in the wheel & spindle parts section. It would be more like a wheel bearing part number. Are you sure that number sequence begins with a 1 or could it be a 7? The shifter towers and cover plates are in the 7222 range and this is the reason I ask.

I would need to see a photo of the case to give you any information. A lot of casting numbers don't mean much but on cylinder heads, and transmission cases, they generally do have a part number type format.
yes its AB-7222-B and the tail AB7651-A and the side cover is sqare
cvicky is offline   Reply With Quote