View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #96
alt63bird

Default Re: 1961 Fords - Where have they all gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yblock57 View Post
I spotted this really nice '61 Starliner at a local show back in March (pre-corona) and couldn't help but do a walk around. Very rarely see any '61's as many others have noted — much less a Starliner. Pop said the dog dish caps on this car are incorrect. They looked right to me for a '61. Anybody confirm that?
Your father's right - those are for a '65-'66 (need to verify '64 to make sure); '63 ('64 same?) is a different design altogether with a small dished center cone and a shallower profile. '61-'62 have a concentrically-ringed outside edge, projected small cone center and F O R D spelled out near the outer circumference of the cap - see posts #10 and #44 to this thread.

Too bad the guy used older-style two-barrel carbs on an aftermarket intake instead of the factory 2300 Holleys, but I only say that because I'm knee-deep in putting together a couple sets of 2300s for Galaxie and T-bird tripowers - I just need the stair-stepped Galaxie intake, center C1AE-AU (or is it -AV?) carb and some miscellaneous pieces like the fuel filter can/bracket and dual point distributor to complete the Galaxie setup.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
35+ year member, Crown Victoria Ass'n.

Last edited by alt63bird; 12-28-2020 at 11:29 AM.
alt63bird is offline   Reply With Quote