View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 04:12 PM   #15
Clem Clement

Default Re: 35-37 ford pickup door weatherstrip

First, I gotta tell you how much I enjoy Fordbarn. I began using my Mother's 41 Ford opera coupe about 1852. I did learn to drive it....but me and Geers were chasing 3 hot chicks in a tricolor and the little Ford lost it's lead from a previous crash Mother sustains from a jerk running a stop sign. Now I am messing with a 39 ''peecup a 40Merc fordor convert sedan and a #0 Cabby. (We did drive the 3 chicks home and the junk yard claimed another 3 color junker,

I read Model51's comments and... He is a nearby dear friend and fellow clubber. He is building a perfect '35 big truck. Crazy you say? Who will judge this truck?

You guys are talking about the rubber around the door's edge? My'39 doesn't have such. It does have a rubber strip on the edge of the floorboards that touches the side of the door and about 2 inches up from the bottom edge (rubber shows no wear or much contact with the door. The door seal begins just above the door hinge and goes over the door top and down to the latches. The door closes tight with no rattles. I plan to leave it alone.
Clem

Last edited by Clem Clement; 01-29-2022 at 01:20 PM.
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote