View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 10:45 PM   #22
cas3

Default Re: Reviving a proper six

Just for fun here, in about 1975 I got permission to get my grandfathers 50 ford tudor, 6, out of the barn and take it home. I was a dumb kid, the motor was stuck, car was rusty, but a free car was ok with me. Once home, we pounded on the pistons with a block of wood until it turned, then, got it to run. Well, it ran, but still to this day I have never seen a car smoke so bad! On the test drive I got about a half mile from home and the smoke coming in thru the floor boards was so bad I had to stick my head out the window to be able to see!!! the whole inside of the car was uninhabitable ! So, it got parked, kid with no money. Years later, dumb kid now has a job, and one day a coworker said he found a rebuilt motor on the street that must have fallen off a truck, and drug it home with his lawn tractor. Wanted me to look at it to try and identify it, you guessed it, the motor for grandpa's car found on the road. A short block, but I had all needed to put it together. drove it for many years, and yeah, that 6 was a good motor

Last edited by cas3; 10-15-2021 at 10:47 PM. Reason: spelling
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)