View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 11:27 PM   #42
Bill G

Default Re: Ford Model A Camshaft Inspection and Evaluation

It seems that Youtube is very much a part of our lives these days. I recently needed some videos to help me understand what I was getting into on a couple occasions: refrigerator door leveling, brake pads on a John Deere lawn tractor, Delta shower faucet rebuilding and garage door insulating....Just to name a few. For each of these there are numerous videos that range from downright hacks to knowledgeable pros. I usually go through all the various videos and try to piece together my best course of action.

Videos serve a purpose, and are very appreciated. I have done a couple myself and holy cow. The last one I did took about 3 hours to do a 2-1/2 minute video, but I am a novice at filming and editing. My hat is off to those who have dedicated countless hours of time to produce their content. Sometimes seeing the process is much better than reading it 100 times from a book.

I might have methods and techniques that differ from video authors, but I still watch them. I can tell you that in my early times of owning my Model A, I got to know the car a lot better and knowing some hints and traps by watching videos. Jack Bahm comes to mind. He does a great job of presenting simple and practical content that may or may not be absolutely condoned by some, but his videos are such that a novice can generally keep their car on the road by those videos. More recent content by Paul Shinn is also very much at the top of my list.
Bill G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)