View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 07:31 AM   #7
Kube

Default Re: Spring shackle bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson Cox View Post
I know. I'm opening up an old can of worms, but I need some help/ideas.

I have searched the archives on this but I still am uncertain as to what to do about spring shackle bushing on my 35 PU. I used neoprene (I think) bushings when I assembled everything a few years back but they have worn through on the front spring due to apparent twisting of the spring. I am replacing the front spring with a new one (NORS probably), and I want the easiest but longest-lasting bushings.

I have plenty of NORS bushings but I would rather not use them because the rubber/fabric has probably deteriorated, and will also need to be pressed in if used.

I am thinking of using oilite bushings, but then again I'm torn between oilite and nylon impregnated with molly. (Delrin)

I'm looking for recommendations on type and suppliers. My truck is a driver and I am not a stickler for originality at this stage of my life.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Lawson, Let's get real for a moment... the easiest route is to install a new set of nylon bushings. Realistically they will last as long as they need to.
Don't over think it is my advice. Swap 'em out and enjoy the truck.
Ya know, if you are only replacing the bushings in the spring, they can be installed rather easily. In that case, I'd used NOS.