View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 10:35 AM   #20
77Birdman

Default Re: Birthday present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Shaft View Post
Fact is its an automobile,the only way you keep this from happening is to not drive your car.

There are fools in every state in the union

My next build will not include paint and body work.Deans unfortunate experience is one reason,the biggest is how I enjoy my A..its the mechanical beauty.
Yes, you can reason its only a car, but it belongs to someone and that should be respected. I do not expect for my car to be hit when I drive it, and I dont anticipate hitting someone elses car either. I was brought up to respect others property and respect myself.

Its a shame this has happened. Very well may have just been a gawker, then when they turned around they hit the car, panicked and took off. The decent thing would have been to at least leave a note. I wish this was the first time I have seen something like this, and it probably wont be the last. Hope the ins. will cover. Im not sure mine would.

My wife was working at a school, and backed into a car. Scratch on the plastic bumper but no deflection. She left a note. We got a call from the person she hit ( a coworker) and that 'bump' did many thousands of dollars of damage, from the front bumper to rusted spots on the rear. I gave them my ins. info and never heard anything again.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote