Thread: Snow Chains
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
hardtimes

Default Re: Snow Chains

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocraft View Post
I'll attach a few pictures of the chains that I use on my cars. I purchased them for a Model A in the mid-fifties from Western Tire. These chains fit both the 21" and 19" tires. The side chains are 72 inches long and, as you can see, have a special locking fitting on one end and a number of links on the other. The cross links are roughly 11 1/2 inches long which is the shortest length shown on the web site for chains and replacement parts. http://www.tirechainsupply.com/replacement-parts.html

It would be my guess that it will be very hard to insure that the chains will not mar the wheels. I personally only use the chains on my winter "beater". The chains do move around quite a bit and relocate themselves especially when changing direction such as backing up or "rocking" the car to get it out of deep snow.

Hope this helps............. Gar Williams
Gar,
You don't show any 'spanners'..a rubber circle with metal hooks for keeping such chain taut and in place...do you have/use such?
When living/driving in snow/ice country, and when using chains..we always used spanners. I think that they are still available/sold for this purpose..no?
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote