View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 01:16 PM   #342
A model Thom

Default Re: The Terry Burtz 5 main bearing engine blocks are back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Knight View Post
Crankcase compression: I have not read all the postings in this thread, I have not read all the engineering data. Has there been any discussion on crankcase compression ? All modern engines, at least the last 50+ years, Have some form of Positive Crankcase Ventilation. What is the thinking on this new engine ? I know I addressed it 30+ years ago on my own modified B engine with a PCV valve. All engines have a certain amount of "leakdown" Thanks, Rick.
I modified my a engine to have a proper functioning pvc and ill be doing the same for the Burtz block that I'll be building for my mums sport coupe, I drilled a hole in the back of the block to take a pcv grommet (physically as clos to the opposite side of the engine as I could put it from the fill tube/ breather so the pcv can pull the fumes across the crankcase) and machined up a stand off tube to let the crankcase and valve chamber be able to breathe, the stand off tube was also higher than the oil level could go in the valvechamber to reduce the chance of oil draining through it, the set-up works really well, my town sedan doesn't smell fumey or burn oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrie View Post
They are harder to fit up on a RHD car.
Arnold is right, The filter is made to fit up with a stock manifold and carb, as well as an alloy manifold and down draft carb like a 97, as well as the engine pans.
Lawrie
They are hard to make rhd with an oil filter, this is the set i made with my dad for my town sedan

A model Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)