View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 01:08 PM   #2
Tod

Default Re: 5 main block from Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ/40 View Post
Not intending any kind of disharmony here, but im curious about the 5 main blocks Tod is producing, and what choices exist for 5 main crankshafts in Tod's block.

With the availability of the Burtz components, including crankshafts, has the possibility of a Burtz crank being installed in a Tod block been looked at?

Or, Tod, do you have a preferred solution for 5 main cranks? Tod, I know your strategy is to leave final machine work up to the purchaser. Does this leave the Burtz crank as a viable option?

I have 2 crank shafts under way, a 3 main crank for special applications (requested by a builder), and a 5 main for my blocks. But, my main focus will still be 3 main stock-style blocks. I have only done 5 main for people that have a crank already, but more interest, and the ease of making a 5 main crank has me moved in the direction of offering that option.

My time, lately, has been heads (especially the new OHV) and my normal machining, and I have been unusually busy making tooling for one of my foundries.

I am inclined to say that a Burtz crank will not work in my 5 main blocks, but, I do not know for certain.

Because it appears that some are unaware of my 5 main iron blocks, I have posted a couple of pictures of one of them again. This was the very first one, made after several aluminum blocks were made.

Forgive me if I get irked when people think something this easy cannot be made in the USA.

Tod
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5m1.jpg (40.8 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg 5m4.jpg (41.9 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg 5m5.jpg (51.8 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg 5m3.jpg (38.2 KB, 176 views)
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)