View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 09:18 AM   #14
mike657894

Default Re: how bad is this cluster gear? photos.

For what its worth I broke the trans abusing it. This was not a fail due to wear or age. Upon inspection the gear in my old trans, the exploded one. Were in similar shape. It made a hum in 2nd but shifted well and stayed in gear. For now the car is more of a just go with it and pursue a better replacement for next year if needed. Im keeping all the parts in the $50 tranny to keep factory fit. I got a freebie trans but it was bad with rust and the bearings fell apart on disassembly. The biggest part of this job was cleaning the parts for painting. I am used to major operations of heavy equipment when things break. So a trans swap is no big deal. I dont need a spreader on my car. Just a light yank once everything is disconnected. My new bearings and gaskets showed up yesterday. should get it together sometime this weekend.

I broke the trans drove it home 10 miles and Dumped it when the oil was very cold the next morning going out for a drive thinking first would just click once per rotation from now on.
mike657894 is offline   Reply With Quote