View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 05:25 AM   #4
Terry,OH

Default Re: 32 again, steering drop

I suggest you purchase Dave Rehor's book on the 32 Fords, it is an excellent source of reference. It is available at WWW.earlyfordv8.org on their store page. There are 4 parts on the rear for the electrical ignition switch plus two screws. As a suggestion: don't remove the drop from the column since you have it out of the car. But if you must, the clamp bolt on the bottom has to be removed(does not have a head). The flip switch is the ignition switch to put voltage to the ignition coil. The key switch (hard to find an original in working order) locks the flip switch in the off position and drives a spring loaded bolt into a collar around the center steering column locking the steering. The large threaded hole on the upper front is for the 4 cyl cars and is not used and is plugged on the V8. I do not believe it is supposed to be threaded (double check my thoughts here), just a through hole. Your missing a threaded cap that has a spring and a ball under the cap. The spring & ball act in on the flip switch and make it snap into it's two positions.
Terry,OH is offline   Reply With Quote