View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 01:26 AM   #959
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

A Christmas Story. Part 1.

Christmas has gone and it was a great day. Temp didn’t reach the forecast 31 but was 28 which is even more welcome. Kids enjoyed themselves but we had one catastrophe. Grandson Archie dived into the river wearing his glasses and lost them of course.
One thing we do well in Australia is recycle our rubbish and we have plenty of it at Christmas. We do this by compressing it and shipping it off to China making our problem their problem. They have no problem with pollution.
Here is a photo shot of grandkids under the palm trees on their blow-up Santa delivered plastic island. Importantly counter sunk in the gold-coloured plastic sand is some 4 cylinders to hold their stubbies to keep cool in the event of thirst. I inflated it by using a compressor. I should have let them blow it up with their lungs which would have occupied them until Christmas lunch. Anyway by afternoon it had partially deflated. It will end up back in China for recycling of course. China was where it was manufactured. For recycling of course. In time enough to become a new plastic island for our next Christmas. Now that’s why we call it recycling.
Post script. A stubby is a half-bottle of beer, 17oz in size.

Now there’s one thing in this story which is not true. You shall have to wait for the next exciting episode to find out.

Part 2.

China is no longer taking our recyclable plastics and junk but I really do think that is our responsibility to dispose of our trash. In addition, China is no longer taking coal and at this time there are 74 ships are anchored off shore waiting to unload. Plus our farmers barley, wine, cotton and some other agricultural products. This is to punish us for our military relationship with the USA. They continue to purchase our farms and land. Plus upmarket houses in Sydney and Gold Coast. Plus our natural gas which our non-thinking government of the day sold them for 4c a litre without indexing. That’s about 11c (USD) per each 1 US gallon. At the bowser we pay 0.80 AUD (2.30 USD for gallon.)

And thankyou Robert for your informative and kind email. g

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 12-27-2020 at 03:30 PM.
woofa.express is online now   Reply With Quote