View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 02:30 AM   #5
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: 1954 Crestline triple duece and Fordamatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2748 View Post

Not your question, but is the engine the intake is going on an early 54 239 and is the intake designed for that engine ? While there is an intake designed for the early 239 most tri-carb intakes I see are designed for the 55 and up engines and there can be a very serious port mismatch resulting a vacuum leaks.

I am completely unfamiliar with 54 automatic carb linkage but you may have to use the linkage from a 55-56 automatic car if the intake has the usual mounting holes on the left rear of the intake, possibly using 55/56 linkage part that attaches to the firewall . I'm only speculating as I have no experience in this type of thing.
Both good points. The 54 F/M (only) has to have a special tool to set the TV linkage correctly. There was a discussion here some time ago about this.

- MULTI-VEHICLE SYNTHETIC TRANSMISSION FLUID -

Multi-vehicle transmission fluids are becoming more and more popular in the marketplace. Oil marketers design these fluids for a wide range of automatic transmission types. While they are not licensed by any specific auto manufacturer ... ??? ... enough said ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote