View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 09:43 AM   #11
PeterC

Default Re: Black single stage paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank d kirkstad View Post
Hello, Happy New Year, I hope everyone is staying healthy. I want to repaint my 36 coupe which is black. I want to stay with black because this will be a body on and I will be able to leave the firewall and door jams alone. I don't really like the look of the basecoat clearcoat on older cars. I would like to go with a single stage. I'm not sure if acrylic lacquer is still available here in NJ, but I have heard many good comments about single stage urethane. I know that black requires more work in preparing the surface for paint, but I am more concerned about picking the shade, some blacks look grayish, some brownish, I would want the darkest black possible if that makes sense. I appreciate any help in pointing me in the right direction. Thank you. Frank

Frank - My 35 Coupe was shot with old school Dupont Centari "Pitch Black" Acrylic Enamel 99A. Admittedly it is harder to get now as less popular - much discussions re outdated technology, environmental concerns etc. I've been very happy with the results.

PeterC is offline   Reply With Quote