View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 07:29 AM   #1
DAMAutoRestorations

Default 1930 Ford Model A 4Dr (Inherited Don't Know Much - HELP)

My Dad left me this 1930 Ford Model A 4 Door. I don't know anything about them and I have a guy interested in purchasing mine. I've never seen it run all that I do know is that it's been in my dad's shop my entire life. It is (as far as I know) all original *Correction, pretty close to original* and if anything on it happened to have been replaced I still have the parts, right down to the old spark plugs that I am sure of. I couldn't get the individual images to attach here. So, I have attached a Google Slides Presentation with a few pictures, unfortunately, it's a bit dusty but maybe someone here can tell me what I've got.

What I do know is that it has the original Mohair Interior (serape just protects the seat). Also, Dad used to refer to it as a Briggs & Stratton, I think in regards to the engine but I may be mistaken.
I have a VIN # From the Texas Title Doc. 3407196
Ford 1930 4dr Sedan Weight: 2600

This buyer seems really eager and is trying to downplay just how easy they are to come by in a condition similar to this one, and it makes this gal raise an eyebrow. I'm the only daughter of a self-made car guy, so I'm sure I appear to be a seemingly easy target for some.

What I need to know is: Do I have something possibly worth more or less than it appears to be at first glance? Suggestions on an asking price? Is this maybe what they call a "Blind Back"?

Thanks! Any Advice or Help is Greatly Appreciated!!!

https://docs.google.com/presentation...it?usp=sharing

UPDATE: Here is what I have been able to discover thus far.

- 1930 Ford Model A 170B Briggs Deluxe Fordor Sedan (2 Window) S/N: 167-7329 (tag under the hood)
- Updated Electrical, Sealed Beam Head Lights & Four Blade Cooling Fan
- The black has been repainted for sure, however not too sure about the Maroon.

* We have detailed it, and it's relatively pretty now. Pictures to follow soon.
* We will see how The Dude feels about looking into the motor before I find someone to sell it to. (No promises there, as we are a little behind on the list of old broken stuff around here)

Last edited by DAMAutoRestorations; 08-23-2019 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Forgotten Info. Discovered Information
DAMAutoRestorations is offline   Reply With Quote