View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 07:07 AM   #20
77Birdman

Default Re: Coast to Coast in a Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
To worry or not to worry? That depends on the attitude of the driver, IMO. On one of those outback trips, one guy (in a Model A) took no spares and although he ran into trouble, he was able to get home. It all depends on one's confidence in their own abilities and those of the people you are travelling with.
His problem was loosing spark through a crack in the rotor button. Once the problem was identified, the fix wasn't that difficult.
I have a roadside service cover that will bring my car home from anywhere in the country at no charge. That eases a lot of worry for those not so inclined for trouble shooting and repair.

BTW, On one of these trips, I started posting daily about the trip but after a couple of weeks, it was taken down so I am reluctant to bother doing it again. We depart in mid June for a short (8 weeks and about 6-7,000 miles) trip to warmer climes. Why was it taken down? I have no idea.
Yes WORRY! I suppose its my nature, although generally I am a very easy going guy. Heck I worry about taking my 70's car to a cruise night if it will get me home. Its very reliable and 99% trouble free, but that 1% (the night the starter died) still sticks in my head. One of the fears I need to overcome to better enjoy cruising in an old car.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote