View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #97
[email protected]

Default Re: '26 and '21 getting ready for spring

Naw, I'm not to exotic with growing stuff. If they can't make it with potting soil and miracle grow then I'll just go ahead and let the weeds have it. At any rate I planted a bunch of marigolds.

Here's a little story about marigolds. 4 years ago my wifes sister hosted the entire Southern Minnesota diocese. Every year they ask one of the farms to host the diocese and everybody and their brother shows up including every priest and nun and the bishop. As part of the decorations she planted a large flower garden out where they were going to put the haywagons that would hold the altar. My sister in law also wanted to put a large stained glass cross about 5 feet tall and 3 feet across. She had designed it herself and asked me to build. Once it was done she had her son build a mahogany frame to go around it. I probably put 60 hours into the glass. At any rate the fall before she went out and picked the seeds off of a bunch of marigolds that her grandmother grew. She had about 500 little baggies with seeds and while the bishop was there she asked him to bless the flower garden, the cross, and the seed packets and then passed them out after the mass. So now it's become a big thing in our family to grow marigolds from the blessed seeds and the idea is in the fall pick the seeds from last years plants to plant the next year because the blessing will be there every year.
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote