View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 01:33 PM   #17
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: Bone Stock or Modified?

I mostly use modifications that don't show or stand out as modifications . I run a stock appearing higher compression head that gives more power for hills . I seldom drive the model A over 50 mph . Model A engines are usually starving for better fuel distribution . I run an after market Trojan intake manifold that runs two model B Zenith carburetors . I use a model A camshaft that was reground to Winfield 3/4 race specs by Bill Stipe , I use adjustable tappets with this cam . I opened up the intake ports for a little bit better breathing . I did a very simple 12 volt conversion and use the Pertronix 40,000 volt flame thrower coil . I use a new model B distributor cam that gives better dwell . I run a lighter model B flywheel that takes some weight off the main bearings . The lighter flywheel gives quicker throttle response . I use a new balanced two blade aluminum fan that resists slinging a fan blade through the radiator or hood . I completely gutted the original style muffler to remove some back pressure . I run either a bronze or aluminum cam gear to reduce the possibility that I will ever need to replace the original type timing gear again . I run the original generator on 12 volts with a Fun Projects 12 volt voltage regulator . I use a heavy duty eight fins per inch radiator and a leakless water pump that I built .

At car shows , I mostly only reveal the drivers side of the engine so that my dual updraft setup doesn't show . The dual carbs don't seem to hurt gas mileage .

I use reproduction stainless steel bumpers that should last . I also installed a right hand tail lamp for safety . I also use cast iron brake drums and brake floaters on the front . There are a few other small mods that I have overlooked .

Last edited by Purdy Swoft; 11-23-2020 at 06:36 PM.
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote