View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 08:20 PM   #9
700rpm

Default Re: Bone Stock or Modified?

When I bought my first car at 16, in 1961, my dad said, keep it like is was built, then you’ll always know -or be able to find out how- it’s supposed to go back together. That car was a 1929 one-owner Tudor. I took dad’s advice, and I still have the car. I have kept it original as close as safely practicable, changing only the glass and adding seatbelts. My turn signals are SmartSignals and can be easily removed to make it look all original on the outside. Next spring, when the weather warms up, I will finally add a RH taillight.

I have always believed that Ford hired the best designers and engineers he could find to develop his cars, and I trust that original knowledge. I’m not smart enough to "improve" on their decisions.

And finally, I look at owning my Model A’s as a caretaker. They are historic artifacts from a bygone era, and should be preserved for future generations. I feel the same way about old houses, boats, trains, tractors, planes and myriad other remnants of times and styles past that will never be dupilicated, even if copied. Yep. i’m just an old troglodyte, born fifty years too late.

As you go through life, keep your eye on the donut, not the hole.

Last edited by 700rpm; 11-22-2020 at 08:35 PM.
700rpm is offline   Reply With Quote