View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 04:00 AM   #22
sturgis 39

Default Re: Spoiled by my Model A....

I would be scared to take a round headlight car or truck to a Jiffy Lube. I am afraid they would miss half of the zerks, over grease the throughout bearing, etc.They may not know what a grease zerk is because spell check does not know or am I spelling it wrong too.

I know one of my old Power wagons 41 to 52 would have a lube technician completely baffled. I am sure that there are some lube technicians that may be into old cars but I think a lot of them are waiting for a cleaner position at Taco Johns.

I know I would hate to work at Tire,Lube Express at Walmart. There is one guy at the local Walmart store that tries to stock 6 volt batteries despite the manager comment that they do not make six volt car batteries.

Maybe we do not like working on new cars because we have kind of a limited knowledge and limited tools. My newest vehicle is a 90 GMC pickup and it is not too bad to work on and there is lots of room in the engine compartment. The 400,000 mile 89 Olds is another story.

I have been looking for a replacement for the 89 Olds but cash for clunkers has kind of raised the price of used cars and you do not get much but a bunch of more problems for a couple of thousand dollars.

Mom bought her Model "A" for 85 bucks. She loved that car. She could crank the car correctly and make most of the repairs herself if my dad was working out of town. We had a 5:30 mass on Sunday and I remember she would get the Model "A" started and I had the double shakes from the car shaking and because it was cold outside. Those were fun times. The funny thing is I never knew or thought we were poor.

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)