View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #27
Licensed to kill

Default Re: Putting a V8 in a model a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrs1961815 View Post
Mid to late 50's small blocks? I have a 55 Chevy as well and some spare engines...
Small block chevies are all the same from '55 to about '96. Doesn't matter if it's a 265 or a 400, same block. We went on a hotrod tour with a guy that had a '29 coupe with a flathead-8. Was a nice car but he was still dropping a gear on every hill, even the relatively mild hills. Would be an expensive job for little gain IMO but it all depends on what you want. Don't pay no mind to all those that are ragging on you for wanting the car to be what YOU want. It's your car. make it the way you want it. I had a guy a few weeks ago on another forum post pics of a beautiful '30 couple stating that he took it for a drive and "now to pull the fenders and boards off". He wants to hotrod it. Kinda breaks my heart to see such a nice original get modified but it's his car to do as he pleases. BTW I would be curious how many of those that are giving you the gears about modifying your car added a second tail light and signals to theirs?. Seat belts, speed parts, powder coated wheels, 12 volt etc. Mods are mods. It's either how Henry built it or it isn't.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote