View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 09:37 AM   #15
Conaway2

Default Re: Decided against turn signals.....what about this idea?

“There are many model A owners that swear by their add-on turn signals, and I can see where they would be a great addition to a daily driver......but.....I really hate the look of them. I want my model A to have the look of the old days.”

I understand this sentiment completely, and for years did not add a passenger-side tail/brake light or turn signals and kept my car completely stock to preserve its original look. I also drove the car about 100 miles per year.

However, after starting to drive my Model A in daily traffic several years ago, I quickly realized most drivers today don’t recognize hand signals and aren’t attentive enough to recognize a single tail/brake light.

Sooo….to avoid being rear-ended and be able to drive safely in modern traffic, I did add a passenger-side light and added LogoLites LED turn signals. I also upgraded all lighting except cowl light to LEDs. I’m now much more confident that other drivers will see me and have put about 2000 incident-free miles on the car this past year.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.
Jim

Last edited by Conaway2; 11-28-2021 at 09:45 AM.
Conaway2 is offline   Reply With Quote