View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 10:03 AM   #24
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Why so many upgrades??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700rpm View Post
"Upgrade" is the most ill-used, misused, and incorrect term in the old car hobby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ayers View Post
Haha. So true, Pete.

To each his own, but I just don't understand the close mindset. Why not just let people do what they want to do with their own cars?

Why in the world would another car person not help another car person if they added such minor mods as an alternator, LED lights, etc.

If that happened in a club I belonged to, I'd be looking for another one to join.

It's this fixed, closed mind set is what drives young folks away from the hobby.

Jeez, fellas. Lighten up.

In a nutshell Tim, we/me don't really care what mods they do with their cars, ...however it is called 'Deceit' when they make claims about it being restored or original that are not factual. The younger generation hobbyist typically does not share the same values in that regard as the older generation hobbyist does, -but that is a topic for discussion elsewhere.

Both clubs used to have mission statements that made a general statement that the club ...was about the Preservation and Restoration of the 1928-1931 Ford Model-A as originally manufactured. Many Model-A car club participants today have Model-As that fit more within the mission statement and guidelines of NSRA, -and are definitely not a 'Restored' vehicle as originally manufactured. So why can't those people just admit their car really is not Restored like they claim? Pete's comment above is spot-on.

As for me personally, I have no trouble helping someone with their Model-A, ...no matter how many modifications their vehicle has. Where I tend to struggle is someone who makes a claim about how a modification is necessary when the facts do not support their statement.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote