View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 09:44 AM   #19
Kube

Default Re: Antique Insurance a little off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE O View Post
I have had some of my antique cars insured by State Farm since 1986 and luckily never a claim. Well looks like that will end. I wanted to insure my 51 Crosley Supersports that is all original unrestored. Got a call from the State Farm office they will not insure it because it is not restored and does not look good enough for them to insure it. Well I have checked lots of other companies today and it looks like Grundy will get all of my antique car insurance. By the way I got a kick out of watching the Mecums auction advertising State Farm for antique and classic car insurance! Ok!
Steve
Steve, about a year ago, some bozo ran right in to the back of my truck. Bent the bumper. Totaled his NEW Audi convertible. Literally totaled the car. Drug dealer on his cell phone with State Farm insurance.
I was held zero percent responsible which is not typical. Typically, there is a minimum of 5% responsibility for just being there.
My adjuster is also a personal friend of mine. He'd told me State Farm was the absolute worst company he had ever dealt with for claims.