View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 07:38 AM   #14
Allinger

Default Re: Antique Insurance a little off Topic

I have been with Hagerty since 2012. One of the most important factors with Insurance is service.
When a truck backed into my door in a restaurant parking lot, the driver hung around and gave me his Progressive Insurance card. I contacted both Hagerty and Progressive and was able to send them pictures with my cell phone. Progressive sent an adjuster out to settle the claim. She told me they would offer between $200-300 or they would replace the door. I tried to explain that sedan doors are not available new and a coupe door wouldn't fit and was way more than that in price. She wasn't swayed and wouldn't offer more.
I called Hagerty and immediately spoke with an agent. He told me to take it to the shop of my choice and get a quote and send it to him- which I did again with a picture on my phone. Hagerty would send me a check for that amount and they would get the money from Progressive. It couldn't have been easier for me. I got a check in the mail a couple days later for the full amount.
Go with Hagerty. If you ever have to file a claim, you'll be glad you did!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Door small file1.jpg (68.0 KB, 273 views)
Allinger is offline   Reply With Quote