Thread: T-Bird Battery
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 01:36 AM   #16
Alaska Jim

Default Re: T-Bird Battery

Willowbilly3, A lot of people like them . we just did not have good luck with them in fleet service. I tried them also, and did not have much luck with them. I use an optima battery in my '51 merc. been in there for over 10 years and still works great. I used to like a/c Delco, but they like most others have gone down hill in quality. I now buy the best I can afford with the best warranty , and hope for the best. I do have a really neat battery in my '30 coupe it is some type of Gel-cell made in Tenn. they sell some similar to it in Summit, and jegs. they are very small. they are advertised as a starting battery, but they wok fine in my little coupe, it has no accessories to run, only the lights and the electronic Ign. the Alt keeps it fully charged, and I keep it on a battery tender when not in use. they do warn not to let the voltage to get below ( I think ) 10.5 volts, or it will have trouble recharging on a normal battery charger. I do not recall the name brand at the moment. If you want to know I can dig out the paper work I have on it. anyway , I am glad that some people get good service from the Interstate Batteries, just did not work for me , or the state when we ran a 2 year test cycle.---Jim
Alaska Jim is offline   Reply With Quote