View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #37
1crosscut

Smile Re: Pictures of my floor boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom from Drippin' View Post
I have attached drawings floorboards, showing size and location of access hole for throw out bearing.
Does this help?
Tom - The firewall portion of the drawing looks right. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that these are the same dimensions for all years and the only difference is they went to plywood in late 29 or 30. The only thing that I had left of my original floor boards was about half of the bottom. On mine the cut out only goes about 1" into the floor board and doesn't include a part of the shift tower as in the drawing that you attached. Mine has 4 metal straps on the bottom and on your drawing it has just the two. Possably due to the early ones being made up of individual boards and the latter ones made from one piece of plywood? Is your drawing for a 1930 or later?
So if I can confirm that the cut out in the firewall section is right, find the correct cover plate and if someone has a picture / information on the placement of the riveted clips to hold it in place I'd be all set. I don't ask for much do I?
Many thanks
Dave
1crosscut is offline   Reply With Quote