View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 10:53 AM   #8
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: iPhone App to Track Maintenance, Fuel Ups, Etc.

Not an app either, but Excel works fantastic for me as I can keep all of my vehicles on a separate tab. When you own half a dozen antique cars, off-road vehicles, RVs, trailers, personal vehicles, yada-yada, having something you create that fits your way of thinking is better than a pre-made app.

The benefit of this for me on a spreadsheet is you/I can add a list of tasks that need to be done on each car to plan for the future, along with making a 'running' parts list for your favorite parts vendor. Maybe you noticed you need to replace a choke rod grommet in the future, -or maybe you want an extra carburetor gasket. Both of those items are not big costly to ship by themselves, and you might forget about them when ordering parts for a specific project, but an ongoing list of parts needed in the future is a great reminder.

Also, you can use Excel to sync to your Outlook Calendar, and sync your phone to Outlook Calendar. When I am on tour with my own antique vehicles (-or even my modern vehicles), I use Notes on my phone to make a list of items such as new rattles/noises I hear, or items I want to check later as we have driven that leg of the day. Once I am home, I copy my notes onto my spreadsheet where I can remember what all I wanted to do during maintenance time.

Also, since I log tours, events, and such on my Calendar, I can use my phone calendar to send myself 'reminders' a few weeks prior that will remind me when I need to begin checking over a vehicle. This gives me time to order any necessary parts, -or make any last minute repairs prior to the event. This also works for your trailer, your tow vehicle, swap meet stuff you plan to take, etc. etc..

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote