View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 07:44 AM   #14
History

Default Re: Flywheel install tip

I'm amazed at what some people can figure out to get rid of a problem, I'm talking about the successful attempts. I was trying to get a gimbal bearing out of a boat. It was at my dads and I worked for a few hours without the proper tools in an attempt to remove it. My dad had told me what to do with makeshift tools to remove it. I went in his house frustrated and he asked if I'd gotten it out. I can't remember what I said but essentially NO. My mom gave me a drink of something and I sat down (really frustrated) and she got me on something else. I didn't even notice my dad go outside. He came back in about 5 minutes later holding the bearing, I have no idea how he did it. Of course he was proud of his accomplishment. Since that day I really started to pay attention to how he did things and learned, I could break an anvil with a feather and he could fix it with almost nothing. He's gone now but every now and then when my son is frustrated trying to do something, I get to act like my dad.

Get him the Milwaukee cordless impact battery powered 1/2" 1400 ft lbs of take off torque. I just got a set impact screw/nut driver and 1/2" drill. That 1/2" drill is stronger than anything I've ever used. The batteries will work in many tools so I plan on getting the impact wrench I mentioned above. I watched a video of a guy trying his out on a large rubber tire loader with about twenty lug nuts. He removed all but the last one and it had been sitting outside for years. They make a 3/4 also, don't know specs on it but air impact is becoming a thing of the past.

Dads are awesome and older dads even more. Tell your dad he's awesome and that contraption he made to loosen that nut looks mighty familiar.

Last edited by History; 05-05-2020 at 07:53 AM.
History is offline   Reply With Quote