View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 09:48 PM   #2
daveymc29

Default Re: To rebuild or not to rebuild - that is the question.

I would first get to know my car. Make it drive as well as your abilities can and take it for a few runs to see how it behaves. Do change all of the fluids first and check the timing and all the electrical needs. Make sure the brakes, brake and the accelerator accelerates. If all those things happen and the car fits your needs, then delve more into the interior. I'd get compression readings a couple of times, once as is and once more after re-torquing the head to 55 psi. Pull the pan and tray out of pan and clean and check the clearances. If all if good drive it some more to make sure you really want to spend the time, effort and money into a restoration, or just clean it up and enjoy it the way it is. What do you really want out of the car? But by ll means get to know it before plowing thousands into a rebuild and maybe years into a restoration only to find it is not a fit for what you were looking for in it in the first place. Good luck. Unless you don't count your labor as anything but entertaining yourself and learning about your vehicle, you will probably find this to be a hole in the road you throw money into.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)