View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 10:21 PM   #35
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: Model A Registration Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle View Post
And from what I can tell, this is not an uncommon issue on a Model A where the motor has been replaced, either with a Model A engine or a later V8. It would be difficult and more confusing, I think, for any state to try and keep changing the serial number of the car to match engine Serial numbers. Just my 2 cents
Its a simple and perfectly legal solution to just restamp the engine to match the car VIN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredski53 View Post
Why don't you just restamp the engine number to match the title. Go on EBay and buy a blank vin plate, and have it stamped to match the engine and title. Mount it under the floorboard on the crossmember. It might not be the most ethical thing to do, but on an 80 year old car and a young person at the DMV, it works!
As post #2 said answers are state specific. You guys might want to do a little research on changing VIN numbers, at least read about it on GOOGLE and check with your local DMV. A final thought, don't believe everything you read on the internet just because it agrees with what you want to hear.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 12-08-2019 at 10:30 PM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote