View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 12:02 PM   #5
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: model B motor in model A chassis

I kept the Model A transmission. This saved me worrying about pedal adapters and wishbone adapters. I have never had problems shifting the Model A transmission. My first car was a Model A and no it was not new. The Model A flywheel housing will bolt directly to the Model B block. The rear motor mounts attach to the flywheel housing. The Model A front motor mounts bolt directly to the front of the Model B engine thus that problem is solved. I prefer the original mounts to the float-a-motors but that may just be me. The one thing you are going to have to do when you make the conversion is to cut off the back of the Model B oil pan (see photo). If you are lucky you might be able to swap for a pan that has already been cut. The whole project was extremely easy.

Be sure your Model B motor is from 1932. A Model B motor from 1933 or 34 is shorter to allow for the sloped grill. The water pump is shorter (see photo, note the spacing of the grease fittings). The generator is further back on the timing cover (see picture) and the front pulley is shorter (no picture)

Charlie Stephens
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5916.jpg (93.1 KB, 345 views)
File Type: jpg Card1 043.jpg (71.3 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5512.jpg (43.3 KB, 224 views)
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote