View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 11:34 PM   #18
daveymc29

Default Re: A question about colors

I have a roadster, Sierra blue and Washington blue. Many people look at it and see the car as two tone, one being a light blue with the mold lines being a darker blue with a pin stripe centered on it. I see three shades of the light blue, the front, hood and cowl is almost blue/green to me and it changes going toward the back, doors are a bit darker and the rear is darker yet, with no green to it that I see. Others see it as just the same light blue from front to back, so I'm guessing that I see colors differently than others. I have noticed the same thing on modern cars at car shows, where perhaps a tan fender will appear considerable more brown to me. If it is just one fender I often find that the fender has been resprayed the factory color and most people cannot detect a difference.
One of the firemen I worked with had a brand new Mustang and we were all admiring it. I told one of the guys I thought the front end was darker red and the guy really examined it closely and told me it was all the same. A week or two later he called me and said the dealer had taken the car back and repainted the whole thing as it had gone through a wall of their showroom, and when the buyer was getting a service some kid that worked there told him he had wrecked it and wondered how much off the dealer had allowed for that little error. They repainted the entire car and the paint all matched the next time I saw it.(Buyer sold the car shortly after as he couldn't drive a "wreck.")
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote