View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 03:30 PM   #26
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Model A prices...going which way?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeleh View Post
I think the body styles that were traditionally turned into hot rods back in the 40s and 50s are still holding good values. Roadsters and Coupes ............. are popular right now and that has kept the price of project and finished bodies fairly high relative to the other styles. For that reason, if you’re looking for resale then go for a Coupe or Roadster but the buy in is high. .
I agree with modeleh.... especially on the '30-'31 Roadsters. There will always be a demand for them. First off, look at what the aftermarket body builders are making, Roadsters. They aren't making Tudor sedans. Secondly, look how popular a '32 Ford Coupe or Roadster is with all old car enthusiasts. Step back and look at the lines of the '32 Ford and you will see it is a copy of the '30-'31 Ford. That says a lot in itself.

In a general answer to the thread's original poster, I've learned first hand from a near death occurrence in 2016, that 'it don't matter' anymore go out and do what makes you happy and don't look back. Don't get hung up over money. Don't worry. Life is too short that is terribly true. Have fun with a Model A today and let the next guy fuss over it when you are dead and gone, and we're all heading in that direction bud
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote