View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 07:35 PM   #31
Synchro909

Default Re: Pulled over by the Police!

In 2015, as we drove through Perth on our way to the National Meet at Busselton, we were travelling on a "freeway. We were towing a camper and friends were in their '29 Tudor which he drove at just about 50 mph (80 kph) They were pulled up by the police for travelling too slow. Seems in that state, there is a minimum speed on busy roads! No ticket but "Hurry it up a bit, will you." They paid no attention to me. Phew!
On another occassion, we had borrowed a car for a rally in New Zealand. I didn't want to give a borrowed car a hard time so I kept the speed down. We had been travelling for a while and there were a few cars behind me so I was looking for somewhere to pull off so they could overtake me. When we were within a couple of miles of our turnoff, I stopped looking because we would be out of their way soon anyway. A cop car pulled in behind me and pulled me over. He wanted to know why I wasn't letting the other cars go by. We were so close to our turn exit by then that we could see it. When I explained where we were going to exit, he threw his arms in the air and said something about a waste of time!