Thread: The Leans
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 02:42 PM   #13
Roger V

Default Re: The Leans

The "A" in my avatar leaned to the left. Tried loosening the front spring u-bolts and tighten the pass. side then the driver to no avail. Replaced the front spring to no avail. Measured the left frame rail and compared to the right, thinking droop from the rear engine mount to no avail. Replaced the front spring again with a better one. Thought it couldn't be the "big" rear spring but was running out of ideas. Made left half of the rear spring measurements comparing to right side. Quite a difference. Pulled the rear spring and laid and traced each leaf out on cardboard, then flipped each. What a difference. BTW, it was a NOS spring. I remembered the center bolt had broken for which I replaced it (not a fun job). Then I thought how long it had been broken, unknown, caused the leaf movement and distortion. Thought about flipping it left to right. Thought about flipping every other leaf. Hated to lose my NOS smooth spring. Didn't want to go through this misery again so reluctantly replaced with a NROS spring I had. Installed and all was level again.
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote