Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #17
JtownJoe

Default Re: Insurance

Hi, I have my 30' Tudor insured with Hagerty as a "collector car" for pleasure use, about 3,500 miles per year, with an agreed upon value of $20,000 for $204 per year in Western PA. I discussed all of my "modifications" with them such as modern Weber carburator, seat belts, turn signals, higher compression head and an overdrive transmission as well as my intended use as a pleasure vehicle, not limited "club events and cars shows".
All of my regular autos are with Erie Insurance but they advised me that they really aren't into the collector car market and suggested looking into companies that are. I have not had a need to file a claim so I can't give you a rating on they they handle claims but there was plenty of input from folks who did and all of them seemed to be satisfied, I was with American Collector Car prior to Hargerty and I had no complaints with them either, I just thought Hagerty seemed a better choice for my situation. Good luck with your choice and welcome to the Model A worlds, it's FUN
JtownJoe is offline   Reply With Quote