View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #32
Hotrodladycrusr

Default Re: To whom it may concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
True story. Just last week my wife's grandmother died, and she first saw it on, are you ready??? FACEBOOK. One of the grandkids had scrambled to hurry and post it. Later the phone rang (remember them, we still have one that hangs on the wall) and it was her dad calling to tell her that his mother had died.

How pathetic has all of this become????
First, I'd like to extend my condolences to your family.

Second, is it really Facebook's fault or the fault of the parents for not mentioning to their daughter to wait to post anything till all family members could be notified? After all, as parents they should realize it's their daughter's generation of pereferred communication, well that and texting.

I don't facebook because I don't feel the need BUT many parents LOVE the fact that it's a way to keep "tabs" on what is going on in their lives. My sister monitors my 18 year old nephews Facebook page. He's a really good kid and my sister knows what he's been doing, with who and what his plans are. My parents didn't know a faction of the crap I did as a teenager. Like most things there are pluses and minues.