Thread: Dirty gas?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #6
Onlybackroads

Default Re: Dirty gas?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I did make sure when I replaced my line that the ends were the right length, I have cleaned everything out in the carb including the screen, the fuel i have in it is new within the last month. I just decided to take it for another drive after letting it sit for an hour to see what would happen, it started up just fine, idled good, and drove just fine without backfiring for about the same amount of time, then started over with all of the problems once again. It started when I was cruising down a long flat stretch, I was probably going around 30, but as soon as I got it up to there it just felt like it topped out and then jerked a little bit before I got the pedal to the floor, and when I did put the pedal to the floor it started to bog down so I let off and cruised at 30 for a bit. As soon as I stopped, the idle was off and then I started backfiring while accelerating through the gears. Any thoughts an this segment of my confusion?

Ray, what's going on in Puyallup? By the way, I am flying up to Portland on wednesday, and will be there till monday the 20th for the Portland Old-Time Gathering, we should meet up!
Onlybackroads is offline   Reply With Quote