View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 08:05 AM   #18
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Fellas... I've had enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

If I had the time, I'd go back and look at years of post history to see who started what... But I don't. Further, I don't really care too... It's not fun... and this is supposed to be fun for me too... But because I don't have this context, I have no side in any of these arguments and long standing hate fests. Instead, I tell each side to simply be nice to each other, ignore each other, and move on.

Ryan, I can only relate my personal opinion in this but I strongly believe where a lot of this 'bantering/bickering' has evolved from is in the beginning of this Fordbarn it was stated that this forum would be for the discussion of Restoration topics only with a few sidebars thrown in. For some, this was huge as their passion ( -and interest ) was for the restoration ( repair of an item with some sort of goal of authenticity involved ) of a Model-A. Not for liberal modifications or rodding of a Model-A. Your new site was exciting simply because the old FB site, and the other Model-A forum had become very liberal in this regard.

During this time period, I know that many here ( -both privately & publicly ) tried to protect the(ir) new Fordbarn defending the mission that it was for discussing Restoration only, ...and in the process "drove a wedge" between both sides, -those participants that were for accurate restoration processes, and those who weren't. In some ways, you cannot blame these people who were only trying to defend a forum of which they had freely shared a vast amount of their research/information that had cost them greatly in the forms of time & money.

Right or wrong, ....admittedly or not, many here still resent what happened in the past regarding this defending of turf. Some have chosen to move on, or limit the content they post publicly. Others have been able to overlook the past hurts and try to participate civilly. Some wounds will likely never heal, and others have taken a vast amount of time. I know it is Your Forum and Your Rules ( and I respect that ) but it does bother me somewhat when we look around to see some of the very participants that provided their information that made this forum great, and now they are no longer here, -or rarely post any content now. Just my perspectives on this, and, I do appreciate what you have provided for all of us.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote