View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 06:11 PM   #77
Garcia

Default Re: I'm not a Model A person

Thanks, john in illinois and Slowmotoring. I drove around the neighborhood for two miles today, and I think some of the other problems are showing up now that the engine will keep running. First of all, I have a lot of vibration, and it appears to me that the crankshaft is not steady in its bearings. Second, the steering seems to be hard and with a lot of play, but that might be because I'm used to the steering in a Corolla. The transmission grinds and grunts, but I'm pretty sure that's because of operator error. My wife, who is usually smarter than I on about everything, says I need to take it slowly, visit neutral along the way, and pay attention. It's going to need more work, but it's not the horror show it was a week ago.
What novice would not have fallen for this ad:
For Sale: 1931 roadster Older restoration with less than 400 miles. Run and drives great. Paint shows some age but looks very nice from a few feet. Interior is great, with new clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing, new valves, valve guides and muffler. Comes with side curtains and car cover.
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote