View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 01:58 PM   #55
CatMan1

Smile Re: I'm not a Model A person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
Surprise! Or no surprise--another problem

With the new coil, I burped the baby, blowing air back into the gas tank and ensured I had a steady flow. It started up and I started my stopwatch. Twenty minutes later, it was still running, so I dared to back it out of the garage and go down the alley and back. I had just gotten the front wheels out of the garage when the engine died and wouldn't restart.

This time, the fuse had blown. I didn't know where to begin in tracing the short, so I chanced just putting a new fuse in. The new fuse didn't blow, and I was able to get the car back into the garage, where I will leave it for a couple days until I calm down.

I would like to point out to those who questioned my abilities that I have been adept with wrenches and problem-solving for many years. I have rebuilt many farm engines, and I take pride in being able to change a rusty piece of steel with ants living in it into a running engine that can win a blue ribbon at the county fair. So, please don't assume that I'm a lazy moron who just wants my problems to magically resolve themselves. I'm willing to do what it takes to get this car running, but it just seems always to be presenting a new problem.

Glad you are back in the game and back on top! I've been there recently, too. Struggling, but gaining.
CatMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote